How to start freelancing
Want to become a freelancer? Are you confused about how to start freelancing? Here we are providing a powerful guide for you to start freelancing. Let’s take an introduction to freelance.
What is freelancing
Freelancing is a type of business that works online. In simple terms, it is a name for selling skills on some online platforms. Let me explain to you how freelancing works:
- You create a profile according to your skill
- An employer hires you for a project online.
- You will get paid by the employer to complete his project
Starting freelancing is the best and easy way to make money online without going to any office. You can work from home and earn a lot of income from freelance marketplaces. If you have any skills you can sell that skill on different marketplaces for money. The employer will hire you and you will get paid for completing a project. One of the best benefits of freelancing is that you can set up your salary by yourself. In freelancing, you work independently without the pressure of the boss. You can set up your working hours and your hourly pay.
Advantages of starting freelancing
There are many good reasons why we should start freelancing. That is why it is mostly being adopted by young people around the whole world. Today there are millions of people freelancing in Pakistan. Let’s see some advantages of freelance work:
- You have no need to go to any office to work.
- You can do your work by sitting at home.
- You can manage your own working hours and hourly payment.
- You can work independently without any pressure from the boss.
- You can work according to your interest. For example, if you have an interest in graphic designing you can start your freelance career as a graphic designer.
- You will not have to give interviews to get a job. You can work whenever you want.
Disadvantages of freelancing
As the freelance marketplace has many advantages for jobs. But there are also some disadvantages to starting a career as a freelancer. So it is important to beware of all pros and cons of any business before starting it. Let’s see what problems we have to face if we start freelancing;
- Sitting before the computer screen can damage your health, especially your eyesight.
- If you don’t set up your timetable it will be very harmful to you. It can make you mentally patient. You can see that a person sitting alone in a room before a computer screen can become a mental patient. So it is important to manage your timetable as a freelancer.
- If you become a successful freelancer it can make you so busy that you will have no time for your family and your friends.
So you can see that the freelance marketplace has pros as well as cons. You can decide whether it is suitable for you or not. So let’s come to our main topic.
How to start freelancing
To become a freelancer there are many marketplaces which are providing different facilities to the freelancer. They have different types of strategies. Basically, there are two types of freelance marketplace available which are;
- Traditional freelance marketplace
- Nontraditional freelance marketplace
Traditional marketplaces are those freelance marketplaces in which employers post their projects and freelancers bid on those projects. This is difficult for new freelancers because freelancers have to bid on them. Bidding is typically difficult and requires the best skills to bid on any project. Some best examples of the traditional freelance marketplace are as follows;
Nontraditional freelance marketplace:
Nontraditional freelance marketplaces are those freelance marketplaces in which freelancers create their profiles and employers hire those freelancers by checking their profiles. Nontraditional freelance marketplaces are typically easy for beginners. The benefit of a nontraditional freelance marketplace is that there is no need to bid on the project. You just need to create your profile and the employer will hire you according to your profile.
One of the best nontraditional freelance marketplaces is Fiverr.
Which platform you should choose to start freelancing
Basically, traditional freelance marketplaces are more beneficial than traditional freelance marketplaces. Every day they posted many projects with huge budgets. You can bid on these projects and earn a lot of money. But traditional freelance marketplaces are typically difficult. Bidding makes it more difficult than in the traditional freelance marketplace. On the other side, there is less budget on the nontraditional freelance marketplace as Fiverr starts from $5 only. But nontraditional freelance marketplaces are easy to use. There you will not have to bid on the projects. You will just create your profile and the employer will hire you for his project.
As a beginner, you should choose a nontraditional freelance marketplace like Fiverr. It will increase your freelancing experience and build your portfolio. When you become a successful freelancer then you should definitely turn to the traditional freelance marketplace, because there you will find more projects and more money.
Hope this freelancing guide will be helpful to you. If you have a little time for us please give us your precious opinion in the comments section.